Last revised: March 01, 2023
This Privacy Notice (our “Privacy Notice”) describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit of https://contextlabs.com (“Website”) or when you use the Context Labs’ services or products (collectively, “Services”) and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- on or through the Services;
- in email, text, and other electronic messages between you and our Services; and
- when you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this policy.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by the Company or any third-party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries);
- us or any of our affiliates or subsidiaries related to your or any other individual’s employment or potential employment with us; or
- any third party including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Services.
- Children Under the Age of 13
Our Services are not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any information to or on the Services. We do not knowingly collect Personal Data from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on our Services, or on or through any of its features, including your name, address, telephone number, or email address. If we learn we have collected or received Personal Data from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information directly from a child under 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
Throughout this Privacy Notice, the term “Personal Data” means any information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular individual or device. However, Personal Data does not include any deidentified or aggregated information.
We collect Personal Data from various sources, including directly from you when you provide it to us.
Information You Provide to Us
We collect the following types of Personal Data directly from you when you access or use our Services: real name, email address, account name, and any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline. In addition, we also collect other types of information that you may provide when you fill out a form or through your correspondence with us.
The Personal Data we collect on or through our Services through:
- information that you provide by filling in forms on our Services. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Services, subscribing to our service, posting material, or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Services;
- records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us;
- your responses to surveys that we may ask you to complete for research purposes; and
- your search queries on the Services.
You also may provide information that may be published or displayed on public areas of the Services (collectively, “User Contributions”). User Contributions include any and all images and other content that you may provide as part of your participation or interaction with our Services. By using our Services you agree and acknowledge that we cannot control the actions of other users of the Services. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Services, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain Personal Data about your interaction with our Services, including information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns:
- details of your visits to our Services and other communication data and the resources that you access, use, or otherwise interact with our Services; and
- other information necessary to provide you with our products or services; and
- information about your computer and internet connection, i.e., your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
The information we collect automatically is statistical data and may not include Personal Data, but we may maintain it or associate it with Personal Data we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Services and to deliver a better and more personalized service by enabling us to:
- estimate our audience size and usage patterns;
- store information about your preferences;
- customize our Services according to your individual interests;
- speed up your searches; and
- recognize you when you return to our Services.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Web Beacons. Pages of our Services and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit Context Labs, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
- How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any Personal Data:
- to provide and personalize our Services and its content to you;
- to provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us;
- to help maintain the safety, security, and integrity of our Services, databases and other technology assets, and business;
- detecting security incidents, protecting against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, and prosecuting those responsible for that activity;
- for internal testing, research, analysis, and product development, including to develop and improve our Website, and to develop, improve, or demonstrate our other Services;
- to carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection;
- to notify you about changes to our Services or any products or services we offer or provide though them;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features on our Services;
- in any other way we may describe when you provide the information;
- to fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it; and
- for any other purpose with your consent.
- Disclosure of Your Information
We do not share, sell, or otherwise disclose your Personal Data for purposes other than those outlined in this Privacy Notice. However, we may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
We may disclose Personal Data that we collect or you provide as described in this Privacy Notice:
- to our subsidiaries and affiliates;
- to contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business. These entities provide IT and infrastructure support services and other similar services used to operate our business;
- to a potential or actual buyer or other successor in the event of a planned or actual merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Context Labs’ assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Data held by Context Labs about our Services’ users is among the assets transferred;
- to fulfill the purpose for which you provide it;
- for any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information; and
- with your consent.
We may also disclose your Personal Data:
- to comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request;
- if we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Company, our customers, or others.
- Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We offer you choices on how you can opt out of our certain uses and sharing of your Personal Information. As a general rule, you cannot opt out of our collection, use and sharing of Personal Information to the extent it is necessary to provide the Services or related services, features and functionality to you.
We do not control the collection and use of your information collected by third parties described above in Disclosure of Your Information. When possible, these organizations are under contractual obligations to use this data only for providing the services to us and to maintain this information strictly confidential. These third parties may, however, aggregate the information they collect with information from their other customers for their own purposes.
In addition, we strive to provide you with choices regarding the Personal Data you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with control over your Personal Data:
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can learn more about interest-based advertisements and your opt-out rights and options from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) on its website (www.networkadvertising.org) and from members of the Digital Advertising Alliance on its website (www.aboutads.info).
- Jurisdiction-Specific Privacy Rights
The law in some jurisdictions may provide you with additional rights regarding our use of Personal Data. To learn more about any additional rights that may be applicable to you as a resident of one of these jurisdictions, please see the privacy addendum for your state that is attached to this Privacy Notice.
[Your GDPR Privacy Rights
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area, Switzerland, or the United Kingdom, you have the additional rights described in our GDPR Privacy Addendum.
- Do Not Track Signals
We also may use automated data collection technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking). Some web browsers permit you to broadcast a signal to websites and online services indicating a preference that they “do not track” your online activities. At this time, we do not honor such signals and we do not modify what information we collect or how we use that information based upon whether such a signal is broadcast or received by us.
- Consent to Processing of Personal Data in the United States
In order to provide our Services to you, we may send and store your Personal Data outside of the country where you reside or are located, including to countries that may not or do not provide an equivalent level of protection for your Personal Data. Your Personal Data may be processed and stored in the United States and federal, state, and local governments, courts, or law enforcement or regulatory agencies in the United States may be able to obtain disclosure of your information through the laws of the United States.
Your Personal Data is transferred by the Company to another country only if it is required or permitted under applicable data protection law and provided that there are appropriate safeguards in place to protect your Personal Data. To ensure your Personal Data is treated in accordance with this Privacy Notice when we transfer it to a third party, the Company uses Data Protection Agreements or equivalent clauses between the Company and all other recipients of your Personal Data.
- Changes to Our Privacy Notice
We may change this Privacy Notice at any time. It is our policy to post any changes we make to our Privacy Notice on this page with a notice that the Privacy Notice has been updated on the Website. If we make material changes to how we treat our users’ Personal Data, we will notify you through a notice on the Website. The date this Privacy Notice was last revised is identified at the top of the page. You are responsible for ensuring we have an up-to-date active and deliverable email address for you, and for periodically visiting our Website and this Privacy Notice to check for any changes.
YOUR CONTINUED USE OF OUR WEBSITE FOLLOWING THE POSTING OF CHANGES CONSTITUTES YOUR ACCEPTANCE TO SUCH CHANGES.
- Contact Information
If you have any questions, concerns, complaints, or suggestions regarding our Privacy Notice or the ways in which we collect and use your Personal Data described in this Privacy Notice, have any requests related to your Personal Data pursuant to applicable laws, or otherwise need to contact us, you may contact us at the contact information below or through the “Contact Us” link on our Website.
Context Labs, LLC
222 Third Street
Cambridge, MA 02142